I cannot even begin to explain my disdain for cooking. First of all, I am not creative. If I am making something new I definitely need a step by step recipe. Second, it is sooooo time-consuming. When I get home from work it is the last thing I feel like doing. When it was just my husband and I, I could get away with not cooking pretty often. Most of the time he would cook, and damn is he good at it (except he makes things a bit too spicy sometimes). If he didn’t cook, I would order pizza. Or make a quick grilled cheese or TV dinner.
Now that we have a child I feel guilty when I don’t cook something. Even if I make something frozen sometimes I feel guilty because it is obviously not the most healthy thing in the world. So, I wanted to share my favorite easy recipes for those of you who are like me and hate cooking, or those of you that are super busy. These have even helped with my picky eater.
- Breakfast for Dinner – Oh yes, the only time I actually like to eat breakfast. I will make bacon, pancakes, eggs, and sometimes toast. This is such a quick meal and so easy to make that it is on my menu AT LEAST once a month. If I am feeling especially fancy I will make fried potatoes too.
- Tacos – What a classic. We use turkey meat and have tacos at least once a month as well. I will normally reserve this meal for nights we have soccer practice or swimming lessons. Within 20 minutes I can have dinner on the table.
- One Pan Chicken Dinner – Super easy chicken breast dinner with potatoes and veggies. Easy prep, easy cook, easy cleanup. It also tastes delicious with the Italian seasonings.
- Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas – The Crock Pot is the best invention in the world. Prep your meal the night before and store it in the fridge. Plug it in before work in the morning and let it cook all day. This is probably my favorite Crock Pot recipe.
- One Pot Zucchini Mushroom Pasta – I could eat pasta every single day for the rest of my life. This quick and easy one pot meal is delicious and light. I actually never liked zucchini until I had this meal and now I love it. Sometimes I skip the peas.
- Crock Pot Beef Vegetable Soup – Probably my second favorite Crock Pot meal. I actually made this last night. Of course you must add crackers to get the perfect taste. 🙂
- Ham and Cheese Biscuits – So this one I love doing when we have literally no time in the evening. I buy a roll of Pillsbury biscuits. I break them in half and add deli meat ham and cheese, put them back together, drizzle honey on top, and then back according to the package. Delicious!
I hope some of you will enjoy these recipes as much as I do. In addition to using quick and easy recipes, I plan my menu out a month in advance. Not only does this take away the stress of figuring out what to make, but is has made such a difference on my budget. What recipes do you like that are quick and easy? Comment below to share with everyone!