This post was last updated on June 25th, 2017 at 08:40 pm
Summer has almost arrived!!!! I love summer because we can be outside and not cooped up in the house all day. It is a great opportunity for you and your kids to get some exercise. I don’t know about you but in the winter I feel much more tired and lazy than in the summer. I have compiled a list of my favorite 20 things to do in the summer and they are all super fun. They also range from free to not so there is something for everyone. So, next time you are wondering what to do on a particular day, check out my list.
- Simply go outside in your yard and play. Even if it is just to play tag or throw a ball around, just getting out and moving is great
- Find a local pool or lake. Where I live there are two lakes within driving distance that are actually free, so check around
- Go to the drive-in movies. This may be hard to find depending where you live but it is a fun thing to do if you have the opportunity
- Have a picnic with family or friends
- Go on a hike – free and fun
- Ride bikes or scooters, whatever you have
- Go to a local playground, or even visit one that you haven’t yet
- Get a sprinkler or slip and slide and invite the neighbor kids over for a cooling off party
- Take a road trip to the closest beach
- Go outside and blow bubbles, play with water balloons, and water guns
- Can you say mini-golf?
- Get a mason jar and catch firefly’s…old past time I know but still fun
- Go to a local farm and pick fruit. A local farm to us also has a free petting zoo. A nice way to find these things out is Facebook pages
- Go get ice cream at a local shop
- If you can afford to, go to an amusement park. Always check for discount codes
- Find a local water park or splash park. These can sometimes be free as well
- Fishing, depending on your kids age
- Plant a garden with your kids and teach them how things grow
- Go to a local zoo
A lot of these things are free because I like to save money and have fun at the same time. That being said, I am a firm believer that we should make memories so if you have the money to go on a vacation, do it!!!! You only live once and you only get to raise your kids once so have the time of your life before it is too late.
What is your favorite summer activity to do?